In accordance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, Yang Memorial Methodist Social Service (“The Agency”) has adopted the following principle and policy to safeguard the data subject’s personal data and is committed to protect its confidentiality, compliance in usage, management, and retention.
Prior to collect person data, we will inform the data subjects whether it is obligatory or voluntary to supply the data, the purpose of using their data and the classes of person to whom their data may be transferred. You should also inform them of the right and means to request access to and correction of their data.
- Personal data (“the data”) shall only be collected for a lawful purpose directly related to a function or activity of the Agency. The data collected should be necessary and adequate but not excessive for such purpose. The means of collection should be lawful and fair.
- Agency takes all practicable steps to ensure that the data is accurate and is not kept longer than is necessary for the fulfilment of the purpose for which the data is used.
- Agency prohibits the use of the data for any new purpose which is not or is unrelated to the original purpose when collecting the data, unless with the data subject’s express and voluntary consent. A data subject can withdraw his/her consent previously given to us by written notice.
- Agency takes all practicable steps to protect the data they hold against unauthorised or accidental access, processing, erasure, loss or use. Third party service provider(s), maybe engaged to provide part of services or process the data, are subject to contractual duties to secure the data and shall take all practicable steps to protect the data.
- Data subjects have the right to request access to and correction of their own personal data. If data subjects wish to exercise these rights, please email us firstname.lastname@example.org for application.
- If data subjects have any enquiries on Agency’s personal data policies and practices, please email us email@example.com.
- Agency reserves the right to revise this Declaration, revision will be announced here and without prior notice.